Saturday, August 27, 2011

So, it's finally come to this?


Yes, I'm blogging about my dog. Slow photography day? Just a little.
Not-so-much as blogging about my dog, but blogging about the lens with which I took this picture of my dog. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a new 50mm lens. Purchased yesterday, a new Nikkor 50mm AF-S f1.8g lens. If that makes no sense to you whatsoever, just know that the 'S' is the all-important bit. It stands for Silent Wave Motor, which means on my D5000 I can auto focus. Happy day!

The next most important bit is the f1.8. It means I can have a pretty-big-thank-you-very-much aperture. Not as big as f1.4, but about $600 cheaper. So, again, happy day.

And yes, these shots are horribly over-exposed. White dog + sunny afternoon + big aperture = over-exposed shots. But, you see, now I can shoot (with some degree of focus) at f1.8, and dammit I'm going to use it. 
I should have wound it back a bit, so that my poor-old pooch didn't come out looking like she was in a snow storm. But, I just couldn't. 


And when I looked at these shots, I kinda liked them. A white blur with a black nose. It pretty-much sums up my dog. 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails