Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spicy Jam Buns... (actually not spicy at all)


Gripped with some primeval need to bake, I came across a recipe for sweet and soothing jam buns. These are easy to bake and taste good - the kind of good that nurtures you, body and soul.


First mix dry yeast with warm milk and sugar. I left it on my windowsill to bubble for 5 minutes or so.


 

Too lazy to mix by hand, I used the dough hook of my Kitchenaid to make the dough. You will need flour, an egg yolk, sugar and your yeasty mixture.


(I truly love this machine...)

I did need to add a little extra flour. 
Next you make some little dough balls. Roll them out and add your jam. 


Pinch the dough together and put each little bun onto an oven tray, pinch-side down. Leave them in a warm place to rise. (Seeing as I had the air-con cranked up there were no warm places inside, so I left them on the table outside for an hour and took myself off to the beach...happy days...)



Last of all, brush them with a cream and yolk mixture and put them in the oven. Yummo! We are taking them with us for a breakfast picnic by the river tomorrow.



Thank you to my new favourite blog Pinecone Camp for this delicious recipe

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails